Saturday 26 August 2017

Incredible Bryce Canyon

I left Blackfoot, Idaho, where I had stayed overnight and set off for Bryce Canyon, Utah.



I came off the freeway at Provo, Utah to get some coffee to keep me going on the long drive to Bryce Canyon when I saw part of the Rockies overlooking the town.



This is what annoys me about today's modern world; you have this beautiful Walmart sign and then some idiot goes and places some stupid mountains in the background, totally spoiling a good sign. Incidentally I popped into Walmart in Blackfoot to find guns for sale. I can't even pop into our local Walmart-owned Asda store back home without having to produce a licence when I buy razor blades.



As I got near Bryce Canyon I came across this beautiful rock formation.



If all you smokers are looking for a reason to quit then Smokey the Bear has a message for you.







I had to stop every couple of miles to take photographs.





Can you imagine if this road was part of your daily commute?



This is the Bryce Trails Bed & Breakfast where I am staying.



And this is the view from the front garden.



My arrival at Bryce Canyon. Most of the following photos have no comments. Words would not add anything to the photographs.















































What are these people doing? Don't they having anything better to do? Sheets to fold? Record collections to alphabetize? There's nothing to see here folks. Move along so I can take some photos.



I had seen some people looking over the wall on the bottom left so I went and asked what they were interested in. One woman replied 'There's a rattlesnake' I couldn't see where the snake was so she pointed at the wall and there was the rattlesnake sitting on the wall staring at me. I leapt back around five feet and I think I screamed as well. I didn't take a photo and headed back for the car. I didn't drive off until I checked the floor of the car for any more rattlesnakes. Anja, can I please come home now?



After that scare I headed for the nearby General Store for a delicious meal.

 I got back to my B&B and saw this magnificent night sky. In the night sky you can see the Big Dipper (what you Brits call The Plough, although strictly speaking its official name is Ursa Major). You may need to click on the photo to enlarge and see the stars. Remember once you've clicked on the photo you can right-click on the photo and save or print it. If you keep clicking on each photo it will advance to the next one. Although you will miss my comments. Click on the small x on the top right of the photo or keep clicking to the last photo and you will get back to the blog.








And here clouds cover the moon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow ��These photos are amazing Daniel and no snake bits either, your definitely packing it all in on this trip

    ReplyDelete

The Last Post

I am now back in Forres, Scotland. I would like to thank everyone I met on my trip from East Coast to West Coast and back again to East Coas...