Monday 4 September 2017

New York, I'm back

Well it was a real mammoth struggle, making my way back across the USA but with a lot of blood sweat, tears and Amtrak meals I finally arrived in New York.

There's a few last photos from the Chicago-New York train (the official name is Lake Shore Limited) and then a night-time stroll around New York.




Dam on the Mohawk River in New York State.




I've actually seen these maintenance vehicles driving along the railway track but never got a photo. You can see the rail wheels at the front of the vehicle. The truck drives on to the track lowers the rail wheels and then it's a train.






A police presence is very noticeable around Times Square.


I think Romeo Santos (whoever he is) may have overspent on his advertising budget.












Motorcyclists doing wheelies in Time Square.


I think I missed this area the first time in New York. This is the seating area in Times Square.






Looks like the guy on the billboard is photobombing the selfie takers.






The concrete barriers on the street show how life has changed in big cities.


If you're asking me did I visit the U.S.? The answer is yes, big time!




This couple were doing an impromptu dance routine in the middle of the street.


You need to walk down this street to see all the top shows.


The NYPD building could use some neon lights.


Well Chicago, you let me down when you shut down all the Arby's as soon as I entered your fair city and after all the hard work my Chicago food advisors had gone to. But New York? Well New York always comes through when you want healthy, nutritious food. So thank you New York and most of all Arby's for the Classic Roast Beef and Cheese with the calorie-free milkshake.

Goodnight.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last Post

I am now back in Forres, Scotland. I would like to thank everyone I met on my trip from East Coast to West Coast and back again to East Coas...