Sunday 3 September 2017

Chicago, Chicago

Last day on the San Francisco train, arriving in Chicago in the afternoon with a few hours before I board my New York train. Just enough time for a few snapshots.



My last photo on the San Francisco train.





Chicago's Union Station











Chicago has many water taxis on its rivers but probably not many with 'Shake a Leg' on the side.







Chicago's 'L'  or elevated train.



There was a photo shoot of a couple in wedding outfits on the sidewalk. It looked more like a shoot for an advert. The woman with flowers would walk across the sidewalk, presumably to provide a background element to the photo.



I turned the corner and saw a police car blocking traffic while the white car was followed by a camera vehicle. It was either a feature film or advert being shot.





Subway train.








More 'L' trains.



Millennium park.





These fountains in Millennium Park were a good place for parents to take their children on a hot day.



Jazz Festival.











Chicago's Cloud Gate, more popularly known as 'The Bean' because of its shape. See if you can spot a photographer wearing a blue shirt.

















These police dogs are all over Chicago.




























I had been told by the three sisters that I met on the train that I had to try Chicago Pizza. I ordered this pizza at Giordana's and I'm hoping that is the one that was recommended by them. The queue for tables was really long and I was told I could 45 minutes for a table or eat at the bar without waiting. When I ordered my pizza I was told it would take one hour. When it arrived I was surprised by how thick it was; more like a pie than a pizza but absolutely delicious. I had also been told to go to Arby's for their milkshake but that will have to wait for another time as they had all closed by the time I left Giordana's.





1 comment:

  1. Chicago is photogenic but you really found her beauty in the few hours you had. Excellent - Nancy

    ReplyDelete

The Last Post

I am now back in Forres, Scotland. I would like to thank everyone I met on my trip from East Coast to West Coast and back again to East Coas...